One of the lesser known, but increasingly popular, vineyards in Cape Town, is the Cape Point Vineyards. Luxury travellers will not wish to miss the breathtaking views of Noordhoek beach, acres of fynbos and the estate’s manicured vineyards; the picnic site at this award-winning winery is hard to beat.
Situated on the majestic slopes of what the locals term the Noordhoek Amphitheater, guests are treated to a unique and magical experience experience with a gourmet picnic prepared by leading chef Franck Dangeroux.
Relax and recline on the expansive lawns as you witness where the close proximity to the Atlantic Ocean provides cool breezes to nurture a terroir that is ideal for the cultivation of World Class Sauvignon Blanc wines.
As you lean forward to explore your picnic basket - here’s what you will find:
• Freshly baked ciabatta and crackers
• Lightly curried chicken and fresh grape salad
• Garden salad with cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs
• Potted chicken liver pâté
• Roasted Aubergine with tahini and toasted cashew nuts
• Atlantic Coast seafood patties with salmon, snoek and pink prawn tails
• Selection of charcuterie and salami
• Pickled pot pourri of cornichons, peppadews, olives and sundried tomatoes
• Seasonal fruit salad
• Local cheeses with pickled onions
• Chocolate, salted caramel and brownie trifle in a jar
If that’s not enough to make your mouth water, your muscles relax and your senses completely reboot - then let the ease of working with Elite Travel Concept to arrange everything for you, be the final cherry on top!
The elevated ocean and mountain views and the gourmet grub is sure to satisfy every appetite!
- The Insider Guide -